Friday 28 August 2015

Refining Three Points - Part Two

After another day of designing, I have completed a few designs for my second point from my original ten points. 
'Be humble, honest and true'. What I mean by this, is to be happy within yourself, living a free, enjoyable life. But also, acknowledging those around you. In the world of today, everybody is so, GO GO GO, we never seem to have the time to be truly happy and content with what we do. Keeping these three things in mind, we can all live in great harmony, listening, bonding, teaching, and learning new things. 

So let's see what we got... (Each piece I create is to an A5 page scale)

No.1





For this piece, I decided to use a poster that I found in the local market place, when travelling in Italy. I really like the poster and all it's colour, however to have the writing I wanted, I had to strip the poster from all of it's original colour. Therefore, I added a Photocopied effect when designing. The actual image is an advertisement for an Italian chocolate, which I really liked and very simple. Drinking tea and eating chocolate, it's such a British thing to do after a long day. Which I love even more. 
Even though I stripped the colour from the image, I made my writing into a compound shape and clipped the original, coloured image, so that the text was filled with the nostalgia colours of the poster. I really quite like this one! 

No. 2 





This piece is all about family, and the simple things that we encounter in our everyday lives. What I have done here is, set a bright orange background, placed a photograph of the sea on top, and decreased the opacity, to create a glow. Sandwiched between the sea and orange is a collage of different places I have visited with family and alone. Some of the pictures are from back in the 70's. This collage is to highlight the fact that family is there no matter what and will love you always, there is no way anything gets past them, and the scenery photo's are the simplicity of life. 
Enjoy the little things as well as appreciating the core moments. 

No.3





This is a drawing of a local park that I used to visit on a daily basis. With a few added effects to enhance the shading, a charcoal like drawing was created; With the addition of some drawn, stamps of bright flowers and the sun; The text in the left hand corner, in a PokerHunters font. This is a full on nature piece, implying that the simple things in life are everything, for without them, nothing would even come close to complicated. This local park isn't really much of anything, mainly full of grass and dogs, but with our imagination, fun is everywhere and anywhere.

My favourite remains the first piece though! 

No comments:

Post a Comment